Re: [pygtk] Installation problems win32

Cedric Gustin wrote:
you can py2exe your pygtk application but including the all GTK+ runtime with your application is overkill IMHO (the minimal distribution does not only include a few DLLs but also some configurations files (in the etc subdir) and locales.

The minimal distribution that we use is 9.5 MB on disk. With disk sizes measured in the GB's these days, I don't think this is huge. What is still worth worrying about is the size of the code pages when the program is running.

This of course implies that this GTK+ distribution is stable enough so that developers don't feel the need of embedding their own "patched" gtk+ runtime in their application installer.

This is part of the issue -- gtk on Windows is not as mature as on Linux. Because of this, there is likely to more need to distribute different versions.

Cheers,

John