Re: GtkComboBoxEntry buttons are wider

Hi Sven,

thanks for the explaination

> If you have to change anything in your code because of this change
> then you are definitely doing something wrong.

I don't mean to change the code... just the gtkrc and pictures. Since
I'm using the pixmap engine, I can make it look like the buttons weren't
that wide :)

> However, I am myself not very happy with the change to the default
> arrow size. IMHO it makes GtkComboBox too wide. I've never liked the
> wide appearance of GtkOptionMenu and was quite happy that the default
> look of GtkComboBox used to be smaller. If I understand correctly the
> following change caused the default to become wider again:

> I am not really sure what should be done about this. Perhaps the arrow
> size should be reduced for GtkComboBox. But then that would be rather
> arbitrary. I'd actually favor to see the vertical separator between
> the label and the arrow being removed.

I blame the arrow size, cause it's why both,GtkComboBox and
GtkComboBoxEntry look weird.

David

--
Otto von Bismarck once remarked: “A fool learns from his experience. A
wise person learns from the experience of others.” If so, how to define