Re: GtkComboBoxEntry buttons are wider

Hi,

David Christian Berg <david berg gmx net> writes:

> Somebody please comment. Point is that I want to know, if I have to
> change the images of my theme, so look right again, or if there are
> other ways to change it back, or if it's just temporary anyways.

If you have to change anything in your code because of this change
then you are definitely doing something wrong.

However, I am myself not very happy with the change to the default
arrow size. IMHO it makes GtkComboBox too wide. I've never liked the
wide appearance of GtkOptionMenu and was quite happy that the default
look of GtkComboBox used to be smaller. If I understand correctly the
following change caused the default to become wider again:

        * gtk/gtkbutton.c: Go back to the initial fix for the
        focus-overdrawing problem, which was actually correct
        according to docs/widget_geometry.txt.

        * gtk/gtkarrow.c (gtk_arrow_class_init): Bump the initial
        arrow size from 11 to 15 to compensate for that.

I am not really sure what should be done about this. Perhaps the arrow
size should be reduced for GtkComboBox. But then that would be rather
arbitrary. I'd actually favor to see the vertical separator between
the label and the arrow being removed.

Sven