Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:58, Sven Neumann wrote:

> It will also clutter the file-chooser dialog and IMO that is a lot
> worse than having it in a menu. I really don't see where in the
> file-chooser it should go. There are already plenty of widgets, adding
> even more won't make the dialog easier to use.

You would probably just want an unremovable "Recent" bookmark, which
made your recent files show up in the list on the right. (Which is
pretty much how they do it on Windows-- well, in some apps anyway.)

> It can't be quick to use since you have to open a dialog first. This
> contradicts itself.

It's certainly more clicks or keystrokes, but it does have the advantage
that you could show a lot more recent files in the dialog than you could
on the menu.  I doubt if that's reason enough to make a complete switch,
but there's no reason why the two methods couldn't co-exist I suppose.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group