Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]

Hi,

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> - Likewise, when you open a file, you either do it with a GtkFileChooser
> or by some action with the file manager (Nautilus).  Couldn't that
> process involve adding a recent-files entry automatically?

I for myself do pass files on the command-line a lot and I'd still
like documents being added to the recent-files list if I do that.  The
file-chooser widget also doesn't know if opening the file succeeded at
all. I guess the application will have add the entry after it
successfully opened the file.

> Also, in the very near future I would like to add a list of recent-files
> to GtkFileChooser.  It makes no sense to have that available everywhere
> but *the* file chooser itself!  This means we need the EggRecent stuff
> at the Glib level, or possibly GTK+.

What sense does a list of recent-files make in the file-chooser? I see
the list of recent-files as a way to open a recently used document w/o
the need to use the file-chooser. It should be accessible from the
panel and every app should have a list in their File menu of files
that there were recently used from within this application. That way
files can be opened without opening a file selection dialog and IMO
that's the whole point here.

Sven