Re: glib unicode regular expression api

Hey,

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 07:51, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Speaking about libegg, I wonder about the status and destination of some
> modules: background-monitor and recent-files don't have any obvious
> destinations, what is their status ? background-monitor seems pretty
> uninteresting, but recent-files seems to have found broad use, and
> should probably be moved into a platform library (considering that
> federico already presented it as "Gnome API" in his fashion show).

	We need a maintainer for libegg - someone who'll push uninteresting
bits out of the module, ensure people are making progress towards
getting it included in the destination library etc.

	I think the background-monitor code is only really used in the panel
(and we don't just copy and paste it). AFAIR, the idea was that it would
be used by things like the terminal as well. Sounds like a good
candidate for removal.

	recent-files does need to go into a platform library, but I think its
going to need a fair bit of re-working first ...

Cheers,
Mark.