Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]

Hi,

Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:37 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > What sense does a list of recent-files make in the file-chooser? I see
> > the list of recent-files as a way to open a recently used document w/o
> > the need to use the file-chooser. It should be accessible from the
> > panel and every app should have a list in their File menu of files
> > that there were recently used from within this application.
>
> I think
> 1. That that clutters the File menu.

It will also clutter the file-chooser dialog and IMO that is a lot
worse than having it in a menu. I really don't see where in the
file-chooser it should go. There are already plenty of widgets, adding
even more won't make the dialog easier to use.

> I'd rather just see the recent-files in the FileChooser and keep them
> out of the File menu, as long as it's quick to use.

It can't be quick to use since you have to open a dialog first. This
contradicts itself.

Sven