Re: Thoughts about a new GdkPixbuf transform interface

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 14:10, Oleg Klimov wrote:
> Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>
> >  It's just my opinion, but don't you think this really belongs in Gtk
> >at all? GdkPixbuf becomes quite complex with these, and I suspect (but
> >haven't checked) there are separate libraries that do this already. 99%
> >of applications don't need affine transformations, you know... Scaling
> >is quite enough.
> >
> Almost argee :-))
> But imagine dialog boxes disappearing with rotating and fading away,

  As Sven points out, this is would need to be hardware-accelerated.
Anyway, gdk-pixbuf cannot handle whole dialogs!

> panel icons that jumps out their place a little when mouse is over them,

  No affine transformation is needed for this. Just rendering with an
offset.

> there are many things you can do with a simple feature like this.

  Anyway, applications are still free to do their own custom
transformations in the rare cases where they are needed. A GdkPixbuf is
just an array of bytes with some meta-data, which applications can
access and modify directly.