Re: Callback data on GtkActionEntry and friends?

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 19:10, muppet wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 23, 2003, at 06:58 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > Am Mi, den 24.12.2003 schrieb muppet um 00:42:
> >> Is there any reason that GtkActionEntry, GtkRadioActionEntry, and
> >> GtkToggleActionEntry do not include user_data to accompany the
> >> callback
> >> members?
> >
> > Well, nobody complained when Owen proposed to get rid of the per-entry
> > user_data pointers
> > (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2003-August/
> > msg00205.html)
>
> i guess my not being around at that point is not really an excuse...
> and, honestly, this is the only reason that per-entry user_data would
> be of any use --- from a C perspective it is indeed not useful.

GtkActionEntry should be considered pretty much a C-only API. It's
just not a natural idiom in most languages, and details on which
fields are needed are going to be different in any case.

Anything that can only be done with GtkActionEntry and can't be
otherwise is probably a bug.