Re: scaling pixbufs

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:52:55PM -0400, Tim F wrote:
> Looks quite handy - I'll give this a try first thing.  (coincidentally,
> the widget is for a scientific purpose, so I guess I fit in your target
> audience ;) )  I'd also like to apply different saturations (similar to
> gdk_saturate_and_pixelate), would the best way to do this be through
> gtk_image_viewer_get_image, apply the saturation, then call
> gtk_image_viewer_set_image, or is their a native function to do so (I
> couldn't find one, but I didn't look thoroughly...)?

Hi Tim,

It's enough to use gtk_image_viewer_set_image() once to a pixbuf that
is handled by your application. You may then change that pixbuf() through
your own code, and then just call gtk_image_viewer_redraw() to have it
render your changes.

You may want to have a look at my image viewer giv for an example of a program
using the gtk_image_viewer(). The sources are also at gnome cvs, as
well as at:

   http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/freesw/gtk/giv

Regards,
Dov