Re: [Mingw-users] glib and pkg-config build on win2k

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 11:59:13AM +0000, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Havoc Pennington writes:
>  > I wouldn't mind porting to GLib 2 and then including that.
>
> Nah, wouldn't that bloat the pkg-config distribution unnecessarily,
> GLib 2 is rather larger than 1.2.8, isn't it? Probably best to keep
> things as they are.

Well, the problem with 1.2.8 is that it lacks in portability a bit.
(Granted, this means OS X and AIX.) Moving to 1.2.11 helps somewhat
I would guess.

We can always include a stripped-down GLib2 - write a perl script to
take a GLib2 tarball and dump gobject/gmodule/docs/etc.

Havoc