Re: GtkSheet

Hi,

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Most toolkits have the sheet widget thing. It's pretty useful in lots
> of in-house one-off type of apps, and people use GTK for that a lot.
> Imagine apps that display different kinds of data such as prices
> or whatever. But as I said it's sort of low priority, and I think it
> should be a pretty underengineered/small widget.
>
> My feeling is that the remaining dozen or so widgets needed to make
> GTK have all the commonly-requested widgets is going to add maybe 100K
> or 200K to the library; given our current size we may as well be
> complete.

if that is the way you want to go, we should at least consider to
provide a way to customize the GTK+ library for special needs. One way
to go would be modularized widgets that are loaded on-demand. Another
way would be a comfortable configuration mechanism that helps to only
include the necessary parts of GTK+ when building the library for
special purposes (read embedded devices).

Salut, Sven