Re: where's GtkTreeM/V/C tutorial? (how create GtkTreeIter?)

Kang Jeong-Hee <Keizi mail co kr> writes:
> I'm making an app to manipulate xml-related recommendations visually.
> it'll fully drag-n-dropable and have tree of xml structure.
> so I decided to build on gtk2 rather than weak gtk1's GtkTree.
>
> but I cannot find any resource describing dependencies among each structs.
> only overview of http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/treewidget.html
> and references say about gtk2's GtkTreeView.
>
> somebody have helpful documentation?

You should mail this sort of question to gtk-list rather than
gtk-devel-list, gtk-devel-list is for discussion of working on GTK
itself.

Anyway, the best place to look for the big picture right now is at
some of the examples in gtk-demo. Just run "gtk-demo" and click on the
source code tab for the tree-related examples. Then you can use the
API reference to read about specific functions.

We still need a tutorial/overview document for this widget.

> --- and,
> on reference, GtkTreeModel and other things refer GtkTreeIter argument.
> but I couldn't find any function which returns GtkTreeIter ptr.
> Did I miss anything? or there's other way to make it?

There are various ways to get one; when you call
gtk_tree_store_append() for example it fills in a new iter, then
there's gtk_tree_model_get() to get one from a path, and
gtk_tree_selection_foreach() used to look at selected rows.

Havoc