Re: broken accelerator changes

Hi,

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:
> >
> > Tim is absolutely right. We will not accept the removal of runtime
> > changeable accels in The GIMP.
>
> No one is removing them...
>
> > I'd also vote for changing the default to allow accelerator changes
> > again.
>
> As I said in my other mail - does anyone find this feature on their
> own or do you have to be told about it via word-of-mouth or
> documentation when you start using the GIMP? If people have to be
> told, just tell them how to turn on the feature at the same time.

well, we tell people in one of the first tips that get displayed at
startup and the online documentation and all (?) the GIMP books tell
them as well. I don't know how we can explain how to turn it on in
the tips since a few words won't be enough. So we will obviously
have to hack around to enable it.

Salut, Sven