Re: gdk-pixbuf/gtk-pixbuf.rc.in; Win32 DLL names

Hans Breuer writes:
 > One of the reasons I added the resource was to distinguish DLL versions
 > which are ABI compatible and are all called gdk-pixbuf-2.0.dll
 > (Yeah beating dead horses :-) Reference is:
 > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2001-October/msg00001.html

Dead horses... to recap: GTK+ 1.3 has been the development version,
with heavy changes between releases. The ABI has *not* been
fixed.

After 2.0, the ABI *will* be fixed even as new micro version numbered
releases come out. Both GTK_MICRO_VERSION *and* GTK_BINARY_AGE will
increase, and the DLL name will thus stay the same.

(The DLL as generated by Makefile.am and libtool uses LT_CURRENT -
LT_AGE as suffix, which expands to GTK_MICRO_VERSION - GTK_BINARY_AGE.)

At least, this is how I understand it. Comments, anyone?

--tml