gdk-pixbuf/gtk-pixbuf.rc.in; Win32 DLL names

2002-02-27  Hans Breuer  <hans breuer org>

	* gdk-pixbuf/gtk-pixbuf.rc.in : new file to include
	  version resource

I assume that was a typo, shouldn't it be called gdk_pixbuf.rc.in...?

Makefile.am and libtool produce a DLL called libgdk_pixbuf-x.y-z.dll,
Hans's makefile.msc builds gdk_pixbuf-x.y.dll. (Where x,y,z are
currently 1,3,15.) Are you willing to change...?  Otherwise the
InternalName and OriginalFilename strings in the version resource will
be wrong for one of us... (But so it is already in for example
gtk/gtk-win32.rc.in, which uses the libtool-style
libgtk-win32-x.y-z.dll, while Hans's makefile.msc.in builds a
gtk-win32-x.y.dll.)

I guess we need to get some word from Owen on which DLL naming style
should be the officially sanctioned, or whether such a decision is
needed at all? Is it a good thing that my and Hans's DLLs are
differently named, in case they at some time develop
incompatibilities, and both of us distribute them with apps?

--tml