More gdk backends?

Hi. I'm relative new to gdk, and I'm ispecting its capabilities to carry
out a development decision. I'm developing a game engine for both X and
Win32, with a modular SDL/OpenGL/GGI support, and I will be needing GUI
in it. I have alredy looked into the eisting GUIs but none of them won
my symphathy, so I have the option of writing a new one from scartch or
to help gdk developers to create some more backends. I already wrote
complete GUI's long time ago, all the drwables/etc for my game, etc.
and I still find supporting a well estabilished GUI such as GTK a much
better choice. Inspecting the design of GDK, I see that it has notion of
most of the concepts I need, and I even consider switching from my own
modular API to GDK.

I volunteer to write and maintain such a port, of course after some more
in-depth analisis of the technical details.

For now I just want to hear your general opinions, a simple
"Yeah, seems a good idea, join and start writing it" or a "Yeah, we may
do it in some future release", or "Sorry, it won't work that simple" or
maybe a "Not at all, this is ortogonal to our plans", or "We don't think
that GDK will fit that purpose, but we dont mind" answer will do.
I just want to decide that i need to write my own GUI or not.
It would be real cool for example to have

Thank's in advance..

And one more thing: GTK rocks! I especially like the C with OO part of
Glib, it perfectly harmonizes with my views, as
most of the concepts of GTK do. (Wich usually not happens with QT, KDE,
or any software in general :)