Re: 1.3.10 release candidates

Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
>
> > I've just put up candidate tarballs for the 1.3.10 release in:
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.3/testing/
> >
> > I'd appreciate it if people would try compiling these and send
> > reports of the success, or failure, with details of:
> >
> >  - Operating system
> >  - Version
> >  - Compiler
>
> I haven't tried the package, but I get the following error when running
> autogen.sh in current Pango from CVS:
>
> checking for GetTextMetricsA 8 in -lgdi32... ./configure: ${ac_cv_lib_gdi32_GetTextMetricsA 8+set}: bad substitution
> ./configure: ac_cv_lib_gdi32_GetTextMetricsA 8=no: command not found
> no
>
> I'm using Autoconf version 2.13 and automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p4.

Is it an error, or is it just a warning? I saw this when distchecking,
but since things worked fine anyways, I decided to keep on going
and deal with it later.

I believe that autoconf-2.13 can't handle the @ in here, but 2.5x
can. I'm planning to go to 2.5x for distcheck in the near future, so
if the problem doesn't occur there, I'm not sure that it's worth
trying to figure out how to fix this.