Re: API Freeze Schedule and outstanding API bugs

Hi,

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:
>
> > As far as XCF is concerned: the next version of XCF will have a preview
> > included at the beginning of the XCF file and we will contribute a
> > gdk-pixbuf loader for it. Gimp will also most probably switch from xv
> > style thumbnails to the format Nautilus uses (PNG files in .thumbnails
> > dir). Just to let you know.
>
> There is a (large) patch to add an XCF loader for gdk-pixbuf.  Since
> it uses code from the GIMP, though, it can't be included in gdk-pixbuf
> as the GIMP source is licensed under the GPL.

and IIRC the patch authors asked the Gimp crew to allow to use this code
under the LGPL and noone objected. But I'd nevertheless prefer that you
wait until we add some preview to the XCF file since it will be much
easier to read this than to try to do the projection with all the layer
modes and stuff in gdk-pixbuf. We might even manage to do this before
the API freeze takes effect...

Salut, Sven