Re: 1.2 theme properties / 2.0 default theme

Tim Janik wrote:

> people with bad depth perception have trouble identifying the state
> of the radio button layout we used up to 1.2. considering that, it's probably
> a good idea to make them similar to text areas and indicate "checked" with
> an arrow like windows does it.

I'm not sure I follow the argument here... I don't think anybody
suggested that shading should to be the only way of telling the
difference between the states, so where does the depth-perception issue
come in?

(Are you talking about radio buttons or checkboxes here?  You've used
both terms in the same sentence, which is rather confusing me...)

>making them round is a different issue though, historically, gtk proper never
>dealt with roundish UI elements, and that won't change for 2.0 either.
>diamond-shaped radios have always been one of the typical gtk+ marks, so i think
>we'll probably end up with diamond-shaped text-area alike
>radios that have a "checked" arrow.

You've confused me again :o)  Are you saying radio buttons are going to
be diamond shaped too, as well as checkboxes...?  (That would be a big
mistake, radio buttons and checkboxes really have to be different
shapes.)

Cheeri,
Calum.