Re: 1.2 theme properties / 2.0 default theme

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:

> making them round is a different issue though, historically, gtk proper never
> dealt with roundish UI elements, and that won't change for 2.0 either.
> diamond-shaped radios have always been one of the typical gtk+ marks,
> so i think we'll probably end up with diamond-shaped text-area alike
> radios that have a "checked" arrow.

History notwithstanding, the diamonds are ugly. They got inherited
from Motif which is not exactly a model of how to design an attractive
widget set.

Anyway, if you think diamond-shaped radio buttons look great that's
one thing, but "gtk proper never dealt with roundish UI elements" is a
very lame argument in their favor.

 - Maciej