Re: gdk-pixbuf to GTK
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: gtk-devel-list redhat com
- Cc: federico nuclecu unam mx
- Subject: Re: gdk-pixbuf to GTK
- Date: 24 Mar 2000 08:06:19 -0500
Kasper Peeters <K.Peeters@damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > This lets us use GdkPixbuf instead of GdkPixmap for various GTK APIs
> > (such as CList), and also removes the need for GnomePixmap.
> I was actually hoping for something in the opposite direction: making
> the image loading and manipulation functions of gdk_pixbuf independent
> of gtk/gdk. There are many applications that would benefit from a
> gtk/gdk-independent image loading facility.
Indeed, that could be done - we could move the
gdk_pixbuf_render_to_drawable() and other such functions to GDK
itself, and leave only a glib dependency for gdk-pixbuf proper.
] [Thread Prev