gdk-pixbuf to GTK

Hi,

At GUADEC we talked about moving gdk-pixbuf to be a GTK dependency, or
possibly included in the GTK+ package. This lets us use GdkPixbuf
instead of GdkPixmap for various GTK APIs (such as CList), and also
removes the need for GnomePixmap.

Basically to do this we need to remove the libart
dependency. gdk-pixbuf doesn't depend on libart in any real way (it
uses an enumeration or two, and the ArtPixbuf struct).

So, the questions are:

 - any objections or comments on the general concept?

 - specifically how would we like to remove the libart dependency?

   my suggestion is a struct just like ArtPixbuf but with a
   different name that comes with gdk-pixbuf, thus we avoid breaking
   current apps using gdk-pixbuf

Havoc