Re: Bug List

Hi Owen and Benjamin,

> Benjamin Kahn <xkahn cybersites com> writes:
>
> >       I reported a long while back a bug in glib with threads and
> > giochannels.  I beleive the problem was that, in some cases, a network
> > read was reported, when none existed.  The problem was an uninitialized
> > structure, but should never occur.  Did that ever get fixed?  Do I need to
> > dig out the bug report?
>
> I haven't gone through GLib bug reports yet. The bug seems to be
> still there:
>
>  http://bugs.gnome.org/db/84/8482.html
>
> I don't think Sebastian's decipherment is right - if the program
> is actually threaded (something not completely clear in the original
> bug report), then the problem is probably simply that the file
> descriptor is being checked before it is ever polled. The answer
> to the is probably to simply initialize fd->revents to 0 in
> g_main_add_poll().

Ok, we have a quick fix for glib-1-2 now and we'll just test it with the
upcoming main loop from Owen. But actually we can only do that, if we know the
bug, or if we have a test-case, neither of which we do. So I would like to
have a testcase for that problem, such that my highly theoretic decipherment
can be turned into a realworld cause. Is there such a thing, Benjamin?

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi