Re: Bug List

Benjamin Kahn <xkahn cybersites com> writes:

> 	Here is the report I first filed in April of this year.  I
> included the patch back then which sparked a large argument.  The bug
> report I later (3 hours later!) file didn't include this information
> because the patch was rejected.

I don't think it was as much rejected, as I said that I didn't
want to apply the patch until I understood what was causing
the problem.

(The original thread is -
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2000-April/msg00021.html

Which seems like a nice polite discussion to me.)

I just applied a patch to initialize fd->revents when adding
to the main loop - I think this is necessary, though it doesn't
100% solve the problem in theory, because of the check before
prepare problem. I'll look at solving that as part of my
gmain.c rewrite for GLib-1.3.x.