Re: Bug List

	I reported a long while back a bug in glib with threads and
giochannels.  I beleive the problem was that, in some cases, a network
read was reported, when none existed.  The problem was an uninitialized
structure, but should never occur.  Did that ever get fixed?  Do I need to
dig out the bug report?

On 30 Nov 2000, Owen Taylor wrote:

> In preparation for GTK+-1.2.9, I've been tackling the GTK+ bug tracker
> over the last day or so. Attached to this is my current semi-sorted,
> semi-annotated list of bugs. It's pretty big.
>
> There are quite a few bugs here where we asked for more information
> quite a while ago and never got any. We don't have a policy now
> on when to close such bugs - my recommendation is that we should
> probably wait and close them once GTK+-2.0 has been out for a while.
>
> But there is also a fair bit of low-hanging fruit here, that people
> could probably tackle with some results. In particular, I'd like
> help with the problems in the first section, labelled "Portability
> Bugs", which are problems that show up, often from multiple reporters,
> on platforms I don't have access to.
>
> Even if these are platform bugs, not GTK+ bugs, it would be nice
> to have instructions for workarounds or even just descriptions
> of the problems in the GTK+ INSTALL file.
>
> Regards,
>                                         Owen

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220 ext 201            |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
   I just want to make the world a better place for me to live in.
			-Lucy in a Peanuts comic