Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

Owen Taylor wrote:

>  1) Unicode support. This would involve moving all interfaces
>     to Unicode, with support for western language, the
>     CJK Asian languages, Hebrew, and possibly Arabic.
>     The complex text scripts (in particular, those of
>     South Asia) would not be included in this release.
>
>  2) A completely rewritten text widget (this is closely
>     tied to 1)

Does the font selection widget need to be updated to handle i18n
better?

Currently it displays the same preview text for all fonts -
'abcdefgh ABCDEFGH', which isn't useful for all fonts. Do we need
a different preview string for all charsets? Or an option in the
rc file?

And does it need to support fontsets somehow?

I'm willing to write the code, if people tell me what it should do.

Damon