Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to get things rolling with planning for the
> 1.3 development series of GTK+ and 1.4.
>
> The timescale that the core developers have been discussing
> for this release is quite short - we'd like to have
> 1.4 out by the end of July - 5 months after the release
> of 1.2. The freeze date would then be approximately
> June 1.

I'd like to see a very short description (1 or 2 lines) of
the widget added to the source code for that widget.
Would make perusing the source code much friendlier,
as well as giving a hint for those widgets that are not
yet documented.

e.g.. If you look in the html tutorial for gtkseparator, it gives you
no description, no idea what it does, and no idea how to use it.
Looking at the source code, you still don't know if it does what
you want without understanding all the source code. A simple
description would greatly help to select/eliminate it in the
search for a widget for a specific purpose.