Re: How to scroll to a specific line

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 07:42:16 -0400
Reuben Rissler <silrep emypeople net> wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Believe it or not, I had just arrived at
that same solution! I first tried to use GLib.timeout_add(), and
that worked too, if the time was larger than 300 - 400 ms, which is
on the verge of annoying. I then tried idle_add(), and I guess that
makes the 300-400ms 'built-in'.

How many lines of text do you have? With 500 - 700 lines of text, my
scrolling is instantaneous. The scroll feature itself has a 'soft'
stop, but that is quite acceptable for me, as it is easier to adjust
my eyes to the change.

Reuben,

The code I'm using to test is short (about 250 lines). I'm using the system
to single step program execution, so I will do many steps. The problem at
the moment is when loading the program, and scrolling to the start of
the program (the 'reset' position), but I see that the slowing down delay
is quite visible even when scrolling just one line with the arrow keys.

I have some Gtk-2 programs where the delay is not apparent. Maybe this
is configurable?

John