Re: How to avoid the presence of new line in GtkEntry at the end of input string

Well, GtkEntry (Gtk+-3.0) accesses any UTF input included escapes in your
case is a new line. Sometime the string has a new line at the end that you
maybe copied from somewhere, you should catch the new line code (0x0A - 1
byte), and set the index of the new line is '\0'.

unsigned int length;
length = strlen (the_string);

for (int i = length - 1; i >= 0; i--)
if (the_string [i] == 0x0A)