How to avoid the presence of new line in GtkEntry at the end of input string

Hi!
In my GTK3 applications, there are some GtkEntry used to input strings
like, e.g., the output directory.

I write a string in the Entry and using the function gtk_entry_get_text() i
read the string insert in the GUI.

Printing on screen this string, <<some times>> a "new line"  is present at
the end of the string (obviously I do not put a new line at the end).

How can avoid this issue?
I have to change function or make some operations before the reading?

Thank You.
Daniele