Re: GtkFileChooser problem

Hi,
i recall having struggled with a file chooser some years ago,
but after some iterations got something that worked for me
for simple file operations. It was however impossible at that
time to tell the file chooser to open a file OR a dir so i ended
reinventing the wheel and wrote my own file chooser widget
( if you are interested in that drop a mail, but it is a lot
of code, some 1000+ lines).
Nonetheless attached inline you will find a copy of what did
work for me in the hope that it helps you. This is for gtk 2.0 tough
and maybe needs some adaptations.

Thanks very much for the example code, Tito! I have something that works well enough for me to be usable despite the oddities of the existing API and UI behavior, but I will inspect your code to see if there is anything
there that I can use to improve my situation.

Grazie,

Roger