File chooser on Windows: "unknown" modification times

Does anyone know how this problem could arise? On Windows (maybe only Windows 7, not sure at this point), the GTK file chooser invoked by my app displays "unknown" in the "Modified" column for all files. More than one user has reported this.

In my own testing on Windows 10 file modification dates are displaying correctly.

The GTK version in the Windows build of the app is 2.24.30 and GLib is 2.36.4, in case that matters.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics