Re: Webkit2 export html to PDF

Great!

Thank's a lot, but it have one problem, which i must to resolve,
Name of printer is localized, so i must get this printer name from
system. But this could be the way :-)

Ondra

V Wed, 22 Nov 2017 01:36:05 +0200
'-' <makepost firemail cc> napsáno:

Hello,

You can configure WebKit2.PrintOperation with Gtk.PrintSettings, for
example the following script (tested on gjs 1.50.1, Ubuntu 17.10)
loads https://www.gtk.org/ and prints it to /tmp/output.pdf:

```js
#!/usr/bin/gjs
const { Application, ApplicationWindow, PrintSettings } =
imports.gi.Gtk;
const { LoadEvent, WebView } = imports.gi.WebKit2;
const application = new Application();

application.connect("activate", () => {
   const win = new ApplicationWindow({ application });
   const webView = new WebView();
   win.add(webView);

   webView.connect("print", (_, printOperation) => {
     const printSettings = new PrintSettings();
     printSettings.set("output-file-format", "pdf");
     printSettings.set("output-uri", "file:///tmp/output.pdf");
     printSettings.set("printer", "Print to File");
     printOperation.set_print_settings(printSettings);

     printOperation.connect("finished", () => {
       win.destroy();
     });

     printOperation.print();

     const preventDefault = true;
     return preventDefault;
   });

   webView.connect("load_changed", (_, loadEvent) => {
     if (loadEvent === LoadEvent.FINISHED) {
       webView.run_javascript("print();", null, null);
     }
   });

   webView.load_uri("https://www.gtk.org/";);
});