Re: Cross platform development

On 03/18/2017 04:03 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
On 03/18/2017 07:37 AM, Dirk Gottschalk via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:
The only chance is, to grab the DLLs from MinGW via objdump ore some
similar, like recommended and pack them into the applications working
directory, because Windows searches DLLs in its System, System32
subfolders and in the working directory of the app. This is tested. I
only want to copy just the needed files, not the complete DLL set Mingw
has on my systems, these are real much.

If you could find the msys2 binary packages, you could just grab the
ones you need and unzip them into your app's custom tree.  I'm not sure
where to get them, though. msys2's web site is very sparse and only
shows the installers and the git source repos.  If I can find them I'll
post here.

MSYS2 ships with the pacman package manager. After you have followed the
instructions on the website, launch the MSYS2 shell from the MSYS2
folder and then this command installs everything you need to run gedit
into a filesystem tree inside your msys2 folder.

$ pacman -Syu --needed base-devel git
  mingw-w64-x86_64-binutils mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc
  mingw-w64-x86_64-pkg-config mingw-w64-x86_64-gtk3
  mingw-w64-x86_64-gedit

gedit ships this filesystem tree from msys2 but removes some files
needed only for building. It is somewhat large but a third of gedit’s
size is due to shipping python.