Re: Cross platform development

On 03/17/2017 04:02 PM, Dirk Gottschalk via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:
1. Which DLLs do i have to copy from the bin directory of MinGW for my
GTK+-Application. I don't want to install MinGW on all Workstations
where the app should rum. AFAIK it is enough to copy the DLLs into the
applications working directory. But which are this?

I think you need more than just the DLLs. GTK needs a bunch of resources
like pixmaps and image loaders. These can be placed in standard
directories relative to the DLL files. Basically look at the files
provided by the mingw gtk3 package.  You'll need a similar layout with
at least lib/ and share/.

Something like this, taken from my older Redhat EL 7 installation.  I
think it still is the same layout as 3.20 or 3.22

toplevel/
  exe, dlls
  etc/
    gtk-3.0/
      gtk.immodules
      im-multipress.conf
  lib/
    gtk-3.0/3.0.0/immodules/
      im-*.dll
  share/
    glib-2.0/schemas/
      *.xml
    locale/
       stuff
    themes/Default/
       stuff

I think some programs stick their binary and libraries in a bin folder,
and GTK can still find it's files.  It's more typical for windows apps
to put the EXE in the toplevel folder though.