Re: Glade crash

Pozz:

I see what you mean. I observe exactly what you observe (glade-3.20 on Ubuntu-16.10). I do note that if you add data back to the fan_store columns... then all three of the TreeViews come back as expected.

I have to admit that I am not an expert on glade use. I was doing some debugging on earlier versions of glade when I saw your posting and thought that I would see if I could be of help. But this is indeed strange and somewhat above my ability to debug. Sorry. If I do get some time... I will have another look but... it is a complicated GUI and one would have to pare it down to a much simpler case in order to get a better idea of why this is happening.

jim...

On 2017-03-06 01:39 AM, Pozz Pozz wrote:
Hello jim,

I tried with a virtual machine of Ubuntu (downloaded from osboxes.org <http://osboxes.org/>). It's Ubuntu 16.10. I installed Glade 3.20. The first[1] is the screenshot after opening the original .glade file. It seems ok (note the presence of one data row in fans_store ListStore and the rendering of three TreeView at the top).

After deleting the data row, Glade under Ubuntu doesn't crash. However there's a problem in the rendering. Now the three TreeView at the top aren't shown anymore. Take a look at this screenshot[2].

After the same operation, Glade 3.20 under Windows (installed through msys2) crashes.

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s7dNPGsJ3CYlRvNTltbU1NWDA/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s7dNPGsJ3CYlRvNTltbU1NWDA/view?usp=sharing> [2] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s7dNPGsJ3CZWdCZkR2R1pEUEU/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s7dNPGsJ3CZWdCZkR2R1pEUEU/view?usp=sharing>

    I have no problem opening this file and deleting rows in the fan
    store.  I am using glade-3.20 on Ubuntu-16.10 with gtk-3.20.

    Notably, this file opens but does not display its contents
    correctly when I try to open it with glade-3.19 on Ubuntu-16.04
    with gtk-3.18 (although it does not crash).  So I assume you are
    using glade-3.20 on Windows.  Based on my observations, I don't
    think the problem is with glade unless you have a variant that is
    different from mine (I tried both a version compiled from sources
    and the version that comes from the Ubuntu repositories).

    jim...