Re: Gtk+ progress bar color

On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 15:23 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Sorry, we haven't yet found the way to write a `gtk_do_what_i_mean()`
function.

But we have to tell them: We should not
do that, it may be possible with CSS... So we have no Kids in GTK
for
more than 10 years now, so so new coders, only a few tired seniors
left.

Again, I have no idea what kind of "kids in GTK" you are referring
to.
I see a lot of newcomers approaching GTK and GNOME development,
though.

You may be hanging around in the wrong places.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

Yes maybe. I am subscribbed to gtk-list, gtk-app-devel, gtk-source-view
and gedit list. The last two are absolutely death. Someone told me to
try IRC, so I joined it some months ago for a few hours, there was no
traffic at all, so I disconnected...

Other places? Years ago there was a web forum without much traffic, I
am not sure if that still exists. Well I have never looked on Facebook
or youtube for GTK people :-)

People generally start in age about 12 with programming, and they like
to do something that is fun. 5 lines CSS code to change a color is not
that much fun unfortunately. Do you think they come back to GTK when
they have threir PhD? At least, the few GTK coders I am aware of are
all 30 or more years old, most are even older.

Currently I am working on high level gobject introspection Nim bindigs,
as you may remember...