Re: Gtk+ progress bar color

On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 15:43 +0000, Rúben Rodrigues wrote:

Hi guys,

How can i change progress bar color?

Thanks

For GTK 3.20 and above you can do it, using CSS. I did a similar fix
for scrollbar width for my 27 inch 4 display. I think I wrote how I did
it here some months ago. Basically you grap the CSS file, search for
progressbar, copy that section to ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css and modify
the color entry with a text editor. When you restart your application
you should notice the new color.

But maybe you want to use GTK2, Windows or Mac, or change it only for a
specific app?

And of course generally it may be a bad idea to modify single colors,
because it may not really fit for arbitrary themes. And, not all
widgets have plain colors, some have gradients and more. But I think
for progressbar there is indeed a single color defined for GTK 3.20.
And for personal use it should be OK.