Re: Gtk+ progress bar color

On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 15:00 +0000, Rúben Rodrigues wrote:
Thanks for your help... Yes i don't understand why gtk doesn't aloow
us
to do some "basic" things..

Well, the GTK senior developers will say that such "color hacks" are
ugly and do not fit theming well. That may be true. But the Problem is:
When we try to teach Kids GTK programming, one of their first question
is: How can I change that color. They expect a simple function and
would have fun playing with it. But we have to tell them: We should not
do that, it may be possible with CSS... So we have no Kids in GTK for
more than 10 years now, so so new coders, only a few tired seniors
left.