Re: win32 (via Wine): 'image-missing' not present in theme Adwaita

Hi Emmanuele,

Thanks for your feedback.

You need to generate the icon cache on the
target machine.

Assuming "target machine" in this context is the target operating
system, how do I generate icon cache on Windows (Wine on Linux, in my
case)?

Note that I don't want to move the executable (poplaun.exe)
into a bin/ directory. I want to keep it in the <root>, in
the top level.

Why? Are you trying to complicate your life?

In my experience, it's fairly standard for Windows packages to have
their executables in the root (top level) directory. Putting mine in a
bin\ directory and then having to instruct users to enter that directory
to start the program would slightly decrease the user-friendliness of
the program.

[...], or you identify the ones you use and only ship
those in your installer.

It's good to read that this is possible. If I can figure out all the
required files (including - apparently - an icon cache) and where to
put them, this is indeed what I will do.

Best regards,
Norbert