Re: How to find replacements for deprecated functions

Hi;

for direct replacements, we use compiler warnings that will tell you what
to use - or point you in the general direction; e.g. something like "The
function X has been deprecated; use Y instead".

If you're using a high level language, it depends on the language; AFAIK
Python will emit a DeprecationWarning exception you can catch, but don't
know off hand if it'll point you to the replacement.

In some cases there is no annotation; you can file a bug for the
documentation component and we can discuss what's the best way forward.

If you're asking something more specific, you'll have to provide more
context.

Ciao,
Emmanuele.

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 at 19:49, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+gtk mega-nerd com>