How to find replacements for deprecated functions

HI all,

I am an occassional GTK user, and often I work on resurrecting code
bases for which I am not the original author. As such I often run
into reprecation warnings. When I go to the documentation I find
things like this:

    https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkUIManager.html#gtk-ui-manager-get-widget

    "gtk_ui_manager_get_widget has been deprecated since version
     3.10 and should not be used in newly-written code."

How is someone like me supposed to figure out what to replace that
function with in the code I'm hacking on?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/