Re: Compiling for Windows [Was: argv revisited]

On 05/03/2016 04:57 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:
Well I can't ship MSYS2 and MXE with my application, and I most certainly
can't sell any application to grandma and grandpa, if it requires instructions
on how to install MSYS2 and MXE just so you can run my application.

For MSYS2, you create a package for installing your application in
MSYS2. Then you use a clean MSYS2 installation with which you install
your application package and all dependencies. You can then copy the
installed directories and contents and use them as a bundle. You still
have to ship the GTK+ source code you used though.

Look at gedit for an example:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gedit/tree/win32/make-gedit-installer