Re: Compiling for Windows [Was: argv revisited]

Le 2 mai 2016, Florian Pelz a écrit :

On 05/02/2016 12:36 PM, Lucas Levrel wrote:
Then I found MinGW Cross Env, now called MXE (http://mxe.cc/). It
compiled my project with no effort at all.

This is interesting. May I hijack this thread?

I did not know about MXE. What is their relationship with MSYS2?

I don't know. I'm a mere user and haven't even subscribed to their ML.

Distributing the GTK+ source code with bundles for LGPL compliance seems
easier with MXE. How do others handle source code distribution? This is
not an issue for GNOME projects and I can't find examples.

Is it really necessary for every Windows application bundle to ship its
own copy of GTK+?

By default MXE links statically. So you don't have any dll to bundle with your app. In such circumstances, what does LGPL say? Do you still have to provide the GTK source code (given that you don't distribute GTK libs)?

--
Lucas Levrel