Re: How to confirm a memory leak

You need to set the malloc routines to use the real system malloc;

        export G_DEBUG=gc-friendly
        export G_SLICE=always-malloc

I have this suppressions file:

         https://github.com/jcupitt/libvips/blob/master/libvips.supp

That's for a gobject-based library, you might need to add a few things
to it. Run your program with:

         valgrind --suppressions=libvips.supp --leak-check=yes ./myprogram

And hopefully you'll see "0 bytes definitely lost".

John