Re: Multiple colors in vte

(Just in case) Are you talking about setting the palette colours all at
once?
https://developer.gnome.org/vte/0.38/VteTerminal.html#vte-terminal-set-colors
This will allow you to change a 16 or 256 colour palette with one call.

(But I think you are really asking) Are you talking about setting the
palette/color attribute of the multiple characters of a string retrieved
using vte_terminal_get_text[_range] ()?
In which case I haven't seen any way of setting all the characters
attributes in one call. I think you'd have to submit a feature request to
get this. As far as I can tell at the moment you just have to loop over
each char setting the attributes one-by-one.