Re: Multiple colors in vte

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 08:19:48PM +0100, gilli4 gmx net wrote:
Hi list,
sorry if this question is redundant, I haven't found any answers after searching yet.

Is there a way to set multiple colors in a vte programatically?
I can see how you can set the color for the whole text and I understand that there are color-codes for bash
but since I want to use VTE for a very custom terminal, I need to set multiple colors programatically.
Right now I'm using a TextView to achieve this but it seems to be too slow when successively updating large
parts of the screen.

Thanks in advance fpr any hint.

It's the program that outputs to the VTE that sets the color using
standardized escape sequences. Is that what you want to use?

                Marcus