librsvg static linking errors

I wrote some librsvg bindings for the R programming language. Things
work great on linux, but for OS-X and Windows I need to statically
link librsvg and its dependencies to create a redistributable binary R
package.

The linking step itself succeeds however loading the package fails
with the errors below. How can I debug this? Log with linker flags is
here: http://pastebin.com/raw/fQP74xqc

(process:37811): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_lookup: assertion
'hash_table != NULL' failed
(process:37811): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal:
assertion 'hash_table != NULL' failed
GLib-GObject:ERROR:gtype.c:2751:g_type_register_static: assertion
failed: (static_quark_type_flags)