Inadvertently changing spin/combobox values while scrolling

Hi

I'm sure most people have encountered this problem at some point, you
are scrolling a window which contains spinboxes or comboboxes and you
accidentally change a value or setting. I find Glade especially bad in
this respect.

In my own application I tried blocking the scroll-events from the
comboboxes and while this does solve the problem, it removes a nice
usability feature.

It occurred to me that scrolling on a combobox requires that you point
to it first, ie a pointer motion, so in an enter-notify callback I block
scrolling but a pointer-motion callback enables it again. This works
surprising well, you can whiz up and down and the cursor just passes
over the comboboxes without them changing values but if you stop and
scroll on a combobox it changes.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I had to use an event box to get the events for the combobox, is
this correct or should I have been able to get them directly from the
combobox?

Cheers,
Franco